Planning, Zoning & Building
MARCH 24, 2020
BUILDING PERMITS & INSPECTIONS
We are limiting public contact due to the virus, but we are still here to service the community and our residents.
Staff is available to assist via telephone and email. Forms may be requested via phone or email to email@example.com
We are moving to electronic plan review for minor permits - the process will be finalized this week
A Pick-Up Box and Drop-Off Box have been provided outside the PZB door. All submittal paperwork will remain untouched in quarantine for 3 days, and will be processed in the order received. Permit and review fees may be paid via telephone with a CREDIT CARD ONLY, NO CHECKS AND NO CASH will be accepted. We accept all major credit cards except No American Express and we accept debit cards with credit card logos.
Permits will be issued by appointment. Permit Cards will be left in the Pick-Up Box for a 3-hour window based on the timeframe scheduled with Village staff. All fees must be paid in full by time of issuance of permit (Minor permits may be eligible for electronic issuance)
Our inspection services are as normal. Inspectors are to ask the client if anyone in the home has been sick, ill or not feeling well if the answer to any of these questions are yes, the inspection will be cancelled. We ask our clients to not schedule an inspection if anyone in the home is sick, ill or not feeling well. We have instructed all staff to follow the CDC guidelines on hand washing and social distancing of 6 feet. If a resident would like to cancel their inspection, they may do so, but will be responsible to reschedule at a later date. We will extend any permits for the foreseeable future based on either the inspector or customer not feeling safe about having contact.
All meetings will be by conference call only; please call 561-965-4016 to schedule
- Administers Foreclosure Registration Program
- Administers Property Improvement (Grant) Program
- Coordinates Utility-Civil Plan Review & Approval
- Issues building permits, garage sale permits, outdoor or special event permits, business tax receipts and business permits
- Issues Land Alteration and Tree Removal Permits
- Issues Right-of-Way Permits
- Provides GIS Services for Village Departments
- Reviews and processes all annexations, land use changes, zoning changes, special exception applications, site plans, plats, variances, abandonments, revisions to the planning, zoning & building regulations, and Temporary License Agreements
Any questions regarding land use or development should be addressed to this department.
Zoning inquires may require an appointment. Please schedule an appointment with the Village Planner, Iramis Cabrera directly by calling 561-434-5090 or send her an email Iramis Cabrera.