Planning, Zoning & Building
SEPTEMBER 14, 2020
BUILDING PERMITS & INSPECTIONS
We are limiting public contact due to the virus, but we are still here to service the community and our residents.
The Planning, Zoning & Building Department is open; but starting Tuesday, September 7, 2021 you will have to make an appointment for all services. We are limiting the number of customers to only 2 people at a time in our lobby. Masks are to be worn at all times when entering our lobby. Please contact our office at (561) 584-8200 (1 for Spanish/2 for English) and then Ext. 3 for the PZB Department.
Staff is available to assist via telephone and email. Forms may be requested via phone or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our inspection services are as normal. Inspectors are to ask the client if anyone in the home has been sick, ill or not feeling well if the answer to any of these questions are yes, the inspection will be cancelled. We ask our clients to not schedule an inspection if anyone in the home is sick, ill or not feeling well. We have instructed all staff to follow the CDC guidelines on hand washing and social distancing of 6 feet. If a resident would like to cancel their inspection, they may do so, but will be responsible to reschedule at a later date. We will extend any permits for the foreseeable future based on either the inspector or customer not feeling safe about having contact.
All meetings at this time will be by conference call or virtual only; please contact our office at (561) 584-8200 (1 for Spanish/2 for English) and then Ext. 3 for the PZB Department to schedule appointments.
- Administers Foreclosure Registration Program
- Administers Property Improvement (Grant) Program
- Coordinates Utility-Civil Plan Review & Approval
- Issues building permits, garage sale permits, outdoor or special event permits, business tax receipts and business permits
- Issues Land Alteration and Tree Removal Permits
- Issues Right-of-Way Permits
- Provides GIS Services for Village Departments
- Reviews and processes all annexations, land use changes, zoning changes, special exception applications, site plans, plats, variances, abandonments, revisions to the planning, zoning & building regulations, and Temporary License Agreements
Any questions regarding land use or development should be addressed to this department.
Zoning inquires may require an appointment. Please schedule an appointment with the Village Planner, Rogelio J. Perez Gonzalez directly by calling 561-582-8200 ext. 8462 or send him an email at email@example.com