- Village Departments
- Public Works
- Garbage, Recycling & Trash Collection
Garbage, Recycling & Trash Collection
Collection Services and Schedules
The Village of Palm Springs contracts with Waste Pro for all solid waste collection services. Services are provided every day of the year except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Residential collection services include:
- Twice per week pick-up of garbage
- Once per week for recycling
- Once per week for yard trash
- Once per week for bulk trash
For a detailed map showing the pick-up schedule for garbage, recycling and trash collection please view schedule by requesting form from department. Garbage carts, recycling containers, yard trash and bulk trash may not be placed curbside until after 4:00 PM the day before pick-up, and should be placed there no later than 7:00 AM on pick-up day. All containers are to be removed from curbside by the end of the day on pick-up day.
For complaints or questions about service or missed service please call (561)478-9590 Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM.
Informative Brochure about Single-Family Residential Service
Garbage includes kitchen waste or anything used in the preparation of food, food containers and wrappers, plus any other household waste that cannot be recycled. The Village supplies each residence with one garbage cart. For collection, garbage must be placed at the curb in the garbage cart provided.
Tree trimmings and branches must not be more than four inches in diameter or longer than four (4) feet. Small or loose waste, such as grass clippings, leaves, pine needles and similar items must be bagged or containerized for collection, and must not be mixed with other types of refuse.
Large items, other than yard waste, which cannot be containerized or bagged may be placed curbside on the scheduled bulk waste day. This includes refrigerators, ranges, toilets, washers, dryers, water heaters and similar appliances, household furniture, bedding and large boxes. Bulk trash must not be mixed with yard trash or other types of trash or garbage. Construction materials, junk car parts, boulders and tree trunks will not be collected.
Residents are provided two recycling bins: blue for plastic containers #1 - #7, steel and aluminum cans, milk and juice cartons, and glass bottles and jars; and yellow for newspaper, all other types of paper and cardboard. Cardboard boxes must be flattened and in pieces no larger than 3 feet by 3 feet. Please do not put plastic bags, Styrofoam or food waste in your recycling bins.
- Keep a Tree Trimming Plan to Reduce Storm Damage
- English - https://youtu.be/aKgPxBC8WKk
- Spanish - https://youtu.be/BpMBHLBAfOc
- Creole - https://youtu.be/H0B-F9gp6sk
- Safety Tips as a Storm Threatens
- English - https://youtu.be/PEOyEvDtKO0
- Spanish - https://youtu.be/84aFJ0pRJ7k
- Creole - https://youtu.be/UiGNqzgzc7g
- Waste Tips for After a Storm
- English - https://youtu.be/idlwGeVYU64
- Spanish - https://youtu.be/_7C1MD2Hs_c
- Creole - https://youtu.be/w9A88iRqU4k